Regional Anaesthesia and Trauma Critical Care Fellowship Program
The Fellowship Entrance Test for the 2022 fellowship positions for Regional Anaesthesia and Trauma Critical Care Program will be held on November 14th 2021 (Sunday). This will be an Online Exam.
This fellowship is comprehensively designed to train an Anaesthesiologist in all aspects of trauma care including trauma anaesthesia, various regional anaesthesia techniques (PNS based and Ultrasound guided) along with critical care of the patient. The fellows will be part of a busy level I trauma team with rotations between surgical ICU, burns ICU and operation theatres. The objectives of the program is to train the fellows to achieve clinical proficiency as well as skills, Knowledge and confidence required to be part of a trauma or critical care team. Trainees will interact with other specialities as part of clinical care, participate in multi disciplinary rounds, small group discussions, formal teaching and will take part in the on call rota.
Opportunities for participation in clinical research activities and publications will be available. What does the training involve :
- Resuscitation & anaesthesia of the trauma patients.
- Regional Anaesthesia - Upper and lower limb blocks (Landmark / USG guided/ PNS), truncal & abdominal wall blocks.
- On arrival block.
- General & Polytrauma Anaesthesia.
- Code Blue Team Resuscitation.
- Caring for the ICU patient.
- Managing ventilated patients.
- Assisting and Performing procedures like
- ICD insertion.
- POCUS - FAST, ECHO, Lung ultrasound & CNS.
- Percutaneous tracheostomy.
- Arterial & Central line insertion.
- Care of the burns patient.
- Critical care outreach rounds.
- Peri operative Optimisation of patients.
- Acute pain management.
- Bedside and Didactic teaching.
- Journal clubs.
- Multidisciplinary Rounds.
- Presentations in Local & Regional meetings.
For further enquires please contact
|Dr. V M Balasubramani
HOD, Critical Care Services
0422 2485000 Ext:5424.
Lead consultant, Plastic & Trauma Anaesthesia services
Duration of the Fellowship :
1 Year : 2 Positions
6 Months : 4 Positions
for January 2022 / 4 positions
for the July 2022 session
Date of Commencement
of the Fellowship : 1st January 2022 / 1st July 2022
Candidates should be below 40 years
as on 30th
Entrance Test : 14th November 2021.
(The Test is for all the Fellowship positions for the year 2022)
Fellowship Stipend :
1 Year Fellowship : Rs 55,000 per month
6 Months Fellowship : Rs 40,000 per month
These Fellowships are OPEN only for Indian Degree holders DA/DNB/MD Anaesthesia.
Registration with Medical Council
Interested candidates should fill in the online application form.
The last date
for applying for the 2022 Fellowship is : 30th September 2021.