Shoulder and Elbow
The unit led by Dr. Dheenadhayalan, manages all shoulder pathologies including trauma and arthritis.
The team includes 3 associate consultants and two fellows. The entire team focuses on adhering strictly
to principles of evidence-based medicine and offers their patients the most current, proven techniques
of management in shoulder and limb reconstruction.
Advanced surgical techniques are employed to improve comfort and outcome of the patients. Of the 600 and more shoulder surgeries done annually, Shoulder arthroscopy, open repairs, shoulder joint replacements-including reverse shoulder arthroplasty are routinely performed in improving patient's quality of life. The unit is ably backed by well equipped radiology department and a dedicated physiotherapy section with advanced pre and post operative rehabilitation protocols.
Diagnostic and therapeutic arthroscopic procedures for the shoulder are performed by the Sports Medicine team headed by Dr SR Sundararajan.
- Shoulder and upper limb clinics operate twice a week in collaboration with the plastic surgery and hand department, especially in the management of brachial plexus injuries
- Treatment is focused on conservative measures and restorative techniques through Minimally invasive surgeries, including arthroscopy.
- Surgical options are comprehensive and matched, based on patient needs.
- Joint replacement is employed selectively, when required.
- All surgeries and outcomes are analyzed to improve quality of care and develop new techniques for future applications.