Arthritis of the joints is rising in incidence thanks to our longevity. Arthritis affects the people from having normal mobility.
The Joint replacement (Arthroplasty) unit of Ganga hospital helps in alleviating the pain and disability due to advanced arthritis
through joint replacement surgeries. The excellent results afforded to the patients have made it possible for us to provide
'Ganga Joint for Life” Assurance Program - an insurance coverage for our joint replacement patients.
The Unit has three consultants Prof S Rajasekaran, Dr P Dhanasekara Raja and Dr N Rajkumar and six fellows, dedicated physician assistants and physiotherapists. The unit also colloborates with three other major South Indian Arthroplasy centres (South Indian Arthroplasty Association) to facilitate exchange of knowledge, periodic academic and educational purposes.
The unit has grown rapidly and has performed 1716 surgeries 2018. The unit has adopted most recent advances to give the best functional results to the patients. Joints with newer bearing surfaces like ceramic on ceramic, modular hips with larger heads, augments for acetabular defects, rotating platforms for knee, metaphyseal sleeves for bone defects are all performed routinely in appropriate patients to achieve the best functional results in both primary joint replacements and revision arthroplasty.
Our extensive experience enables us to treat complex arthritic conditions with safety and low infection rates. This facilitates the patients to heal and recover faster with fewer post-operative complications.
JOINTS FOR LIFE
- Ultra clean, spacious operating rooms, coupled with strict aseptic techniques and highly trained professionals enable results on par with international standards.
- Computer navigated joint replacement surgery is routinely performed for both difficult primary and revision surgeries to obtain perfect alignment consistently.
- Specialized anesthesia techniques (“nerve blocks”) ensure that the post-operative periods are less painful and comfortable for elderly patients and enable early mobilization
- Digital alignment Xrays for specific planning & templating for the most suitable sized artificial joints for each patient
- Latest and time tested high performance bearing implants are used